If you’re a jewelry lover with an affinity for wearing rings, then adjustable rings are a must-have for your jewelry collection. What are adjustable rings, you might ask?
Adjustable rings are rings that are intentionally made with a tiny gap between them, giving you more room to expand it to about half a ring size. Adjustable rings are designated to be a one-size-fit-all that will fit anyone.
With that being said, let’s look into some of the important things you need to know about adjustable rings.
What are the Different Types of Adjustable Rings?
When it comes to adjustable rings, there are 2 common types of adjustable rings that you should know about: Open Adjustable Rings and Close Adjustable Rings.
● Open Adjustable Rings
Open adjustable rings have a small gap between the ring, this allows you to adjust its sizing. These adjustable rings can be resized and are often known as “wrap rings”, “wrap around rings” or even “hugging” resizable rings. The most distinctive trait about open adjustable rings is that they look more like the letter ‘C’ instead of the typical ‘O’ ring bands.
● Close Adjustable Rings
This type of adjustable ring bears a strong resemblance to traditional ring bands. Close adjustable rings are essentially rings that feature an adjustable band at the bottom of the ring. Thanks to their flexible design with a special cut, these adjustable rings can be worn easily, you can also adjust and resize them by squeezing or unbending them lightly.
Can I Resize My Adjustable Rings?
As a matter of fact, yes. Adjustable rings can be resized rather easily, but it has to be done carefully or else your rings will become damaged and outstretched. Here’s how you can resize your adjustable ring for a perfect and comfortable fit: -
How to Make Your Adjustable Ring Larger?
1) Use both your hands and have a firm grip on both sides of the adjustable ring band.
2) Gently and slowly pull the sides of the ring outwards by a tiny margin
3) Next, use your thumbs to lightly apply pressure at the top of the adjustable ring to maintain the round shape of the ring.
4) Put the adjustable ring on your finger. If you think the adjustable ring is still too tight around your fingers, then repeat step 2 and 3 until the ring is comfortable to your liking.
How to Make Your Adjustable Ring Smaller?
1) Put the adjustable ring on your finger.
2) Slowly and gently squeeze the ring band inward by a small margin with your index finger and thumb.
3) Then, use your thumbs to gently apply pressure at the top of the ring band to maintain its round shape.
4) If you think the adjustable ring is still too loose around your fingers, then repeat step 2 and 3 until the ring is comfortable to your liking.
To conclude, if you’re looking for jewelry rings that are both beautiful to look at and comfortable to wear, you should go for adjustable rings. Not to mention adjustable rings can be worn on several fingers and can be easily resized.
If you’re looking for stylish adjustable rings for your jewelry collection, Eleganzia Jewelry has a wide range of sterling silver adjustable rings that would reflect your fashion style and individuality.
The most important thing you should know about before buying any adjustable rings is to know your ring size. Read our guide here on how you can find your ring size for a perfect fit.